‘Dad threw baby 22ft to her death from balcony and torched home’ after accusing mom of cheating

A DAD allegedly ripped his baby daughter from her mother’s arms during an argument, tossed the child from the second floor balcony and torched the home after accusing the mom of cheating.

Police in Las Vegas have arrested Clarence Martin Jr, 32, on suspicion of first-degree murder following a domestic dispute that resulted in the tragic death of his seven-week-old daughter.

Cops responded to a 911 call at around 3.40am Saturday morning from the frantic mother, Nicole Poole, saying Martin had thrown her child out of the apartment.

The child, identified as London Martin, was pronounced dead at the hospital after suffering blunt force trauma to the head following the 22-ft fall.

A neighbor attempted to perform CPR on the infant, but to no avail.

Officials claimed to have discovered a fire in the living room, a dead dog inside a cage – who is believed to have died due to heat and smoke.

Lt Ray Spencer said detectives believe the man and women were arguing when the father “grabbed the child from the mother, walked outside and threw the baby from the second strong balcony onto the asphalt below.”

Martin then allegedly fled in a vehicle, crashing it twice, before eventually being apprehended by police on the tarmac of nearby McCarran International Airport after disguising himself as an airport employee.

Martin was taken to University Medical Center for treatment of injuries from the crash and for evaluation of narcotics use.

According to police, the couple’s downstairs neighbor said she heard screaming and banging upstairs, looked out and saw Martin.

The neighbor knew who Martin was by face. He then allegedly left the apartment saying “Burn b****, burn. This is what you get for cheating on me.”

According to Fox 5 Vegas, Poole told police the couple had been together for four years and that he was her fiancé.

She said Martin had mental health issues in the past “but she had not seen any issues until the last three days. He hadn’t eaten or slept in that timeframe.”

Poole said she fell asleep with her baby at 1am, when she suddenly woke up to Martin kicking her and the baby to the floor.

She told police that she took the baby to the living room and sat on the couch – that’s when she said Martin pulled the infant from her arms and went into the porch.

According to Poole, Martin stepped back inside a moment later without the baby.

The mother ran outside to see her daughter on the ground.

A Gofundme has been started by the family to pay for the infants funeral and memorial expenses.

“It is with extreme sadness our family is needing to reach out, so we can properly bury our precious 7 week old baby girl London.

We were completely blindsided and are still in shock this is even a reality. Our sweet London was horrifically taken from us, and all at once, all our lives have been changed forever,” the page reads.

Martin has been booked for open murder, animal cruelty and arson.

Source: Read Full Article