New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo strongly denies claims in bombshell sexual harassment report
- Embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is set to respond Tuesday to a bombshell report by the state Attorney General's Office, which found that he had sexually harassed at least 11 women and oversaw a "toxic culture" of fear and intimidation in his office.
- Cuomo, who has refused calls to resign, scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m., ET.
- Earlier Tuesday, Attorney General Letitia James and investigators detailed the scathing findings in the report.
Embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday strongly denied claims in a bombshell report by the state Attorney General's Office, which found that he had sexually harassed at least 11 women and oversaw a "toxic culture" of fear and intimidation in his office.
"I never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances," Cuomo said.
"I am 63 years old. I've lived my entire adult life in public view. That is just not who I am."
Cuomo said his lawyer has prepared a point-by-point rebuttal to the findings of the scathing report overseen by AG Letitia James.
"The facts are much different than what has been portrayed," the governor said. "Read the facts and decide for yourself."
Read more of CNBC's politics coverage:
- Cuomo violated federal, state laws as he sexually harassed multiple women, NY attorney general says
- Two more cops who responded to Capitol riot die by suicide
- More senators say they attended same cookout after Graham reveals Covid infection
Earlier Tuesday,James and investigators detailed the report, which reignited calls for Cuomo to resign.
The report said the Democrat Cuomo had harassed women who worked in and out of state government, including a state trooper who was assigned to his personal security detail.
Cuomo opened his response Tuesday by saying, "It has been a hard and painful period for me and my family."
He took no questions from reporters after responding to the report in a statement that was livestreamed by his office.
This is breaking news. Check back for updates.
Source: Read Full Article