ABC radio presenter axed after Israel-Hamas conflict posts
Save articles for later
Add articles to your saved list and come back to them any time.
A radio presenter has been axed from ABC Radio Sydney on Wednesday afternoon after a series of social media posts about the Israel-Hamas conflict and will not be allowed to present the Mornings program on Thursday.
Journalist Antoinette Lattouf was filling in for Mornings host Sarah Macdonald who is currently on leave.
An ABC spokesman said Lattouf was employed on a short-term contract.
“ABC Sydney casual presenter Antoinette Lattouf will not be back on air for her remaining two shifts this week,” he said.
Lattouf used Instagram last week to condemn the Israeli military for justifying the “ongoing annihilation of Palestinians” last week. She has used other platforms to criticise the Israel government and Hamas for being extremists.
She was also one of the hundreds of journalists who signed an open letter calling for greater scrutiny in the reporting of the conflict between Israel and Hamas.
According to her website, Latouff has held reporting and presenting roles at Network 10, SBS, ABC and Triple J. She has also written columns for The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.
Lattouf said she did not wish to comment.
Get alerts on significant breaking news as happens. Sign up for our Breaking News Alert.
Most Viewed in National
Source: Read Full Article