Convicted rapist who mugged model for his Rolex jailed for seven years

Convicted rapist who mugged model and talent agency boss for his £20,000 Rolex and Cartier jewellery after pretending to flirt with him is jailed for seven years

  • Dylan Davey was brutally mugged for his Rolex which belonged to his father
  • Ohmed Azizi and an accomplice also stole his phone, bank cards and jewellery 

A convicted rapist who mugged a model for his £20,000 Rolex and Cartier jewellery after pretending to flirt with him has been jailed for seven years.

Ohmed Azizi, 31, attacked Dylan Davey for his designer watch which belonged to his father and was given to him for his 21st birthday.

Mr Davey, the CEO of a talent agency called The Social Inc, also had his Cartier bracelets and a necklace stolen during the attack in Richmond Mews in London’s Soho district.

In a heart-wrenching statement read to Southwark Crown Court, Mr Davey said he attempted suicide after the robbery and has since left the UK to live in Spain.

Azizi, along with an unknown associate, also took Mr Davey’s iPhone and bank cards during the cowardly attack on April 29.

Dylan Davey (pictured), the CEO of a talent agency called The Social Inc, had his Rolex and Cartier jewellery stolen

Convicted rapist Ohmed Azizi (pictured) has been jailed for nearly seven years after mugging Mr Davey

Carol Summers, prosecuting, said: ‘This was a violent robbery committed by this defendant and another male unknown. It occurred in the early hours of 29 April this year. £46,000 worth of property was stolen.’

Mr Davey’s friend had noticed two men looking at the victim’s jewellery before he was robbed.

‘The defendant pretended to be flirting with Mr Davey,’ said Ms Summers.

They tried to take refuge in the Freedom Bar, but the security guard said only one of them could go in, the court heard.

CCTV footage shows Azizi leading Mr Davey to a secluded place and punching him in a terrifying assault.

The court heard that one of the bracelets had been cut from Mr Davey’s arm.

Azizi was caught on CCTV inhaling nitrous oxide at the scene. His DNA was later found in a balloon discarded shortly before the robbery.

Azizi was caught on CCTV inhaling nitrous oxide at the scene. His DNA was later found in a balloon (pictured in his hand) discarded shortly before the robbery

Richard Paton-Philip, defending Azizi, said after fleeing Afghanistan as a child in the 1990s, he had ‘fallen in with the wrong crowd.’

Azizi has previous convictions for burglary, carrying an imitation firearm, and rape in 2016, the court heard.

He was still on licence after being released for rape when he attacked Mr Davey.

Mr Davey told the court: ‘You just never accept that it would happen to you.

‘Several days after the incident I attempted suicide and tried to take my own life by overdosing on tablets.

‘Luckily I have a lovely supportive family who stopped me and I realised it was not the answer.

‘This has obviously had a wider effect on my family too.’

Mr Davey’s mother also read a statement saying: ‘Dylan told me he no longer wanted to live in London any more.

‘After the attack he flew out to Spain and decided he would work there for the forseeable future.

‘It is very hard for me to accept as his mother that the people who attacked him have forced my son to move away to a different country.’

Sentencing Azizi, Judge Alexander Milne said: ‘Mr Davey had been at a bar and by the early evening found himself isolated in the street of central London.

‘He was clearly prevailed upon to go down a side street where he appears to have been pranged on the face before being violently attacked, chased, then attacked again by this man Omed Azizi and one other who had not been identified and remains at large.

‘The upshot of the robbery that evening in April in financial terms is the loss to Mr Davery of a considerable amount of expensive personal possessions.’

Judge Milne added that the attack ‘would have been distressing to anybody but in this case the psychological impact on the victim was pronounced and ongoing’.

Police were unable to track down Azizi’s associate (pictured) who was involved in the mugging. The judge said he ‘remains at large’

Azizi, of Harrow, northwest London, sat with his head bowed for most of the hearing, occasionally weeping.

He admitted one count of robbery and was jailed for six years and nine months.

Detective Constable Harriet Barby, who led the investigation, said: ‘Azizi is a dangerous offender, who targeted a young man enjoying a night out with his friends in Soho.

‘This type of behaviour is intolerable and the lasting impact that such an unprovoked and violent attack can have on a victim is huge.

‘I am pleased that Azizi has received a custodial sentence. Hopefully this will offer the victim and his family some sense of justice.

‘This is another example of officers working hard to take dangerous individuals off the streets of London. We are committed to tackling robbery within our communities and keeping Londoners safe.’

Detective Chief Inspector Scott Ware said: ‘This was a complex investigation that required a huge amount of hours of CCTV footage to be reviewed.

‘This outcome should act as a warning to anyone else thinking of committing such an offence, that we will do all we can to identify you and bring you to justice.’

Despite the extensive enquiries, the other man has not yet been identified. We are releasing two images of him and ask anyone who recognises him to call 101 quoting reference 6530451/23.

Source: Read Full Article