Timothee Chalamet will be 'savaged by middle-aged women from Hull'
Hull locals jokingly warn Willy Wonka star Timothee Chalamet he will be ‘savaged by middle-aged women’ if he ever visits after saying people from port city had sexiest accent in UK
- Luct Beaumont said she thought the Wonka star was ‘on drugs’ after comments
Willy Wonka star Timothee Chalamet has been warned by Hull locals about ever visiting after he claimed the city had the sexiest accent in the UK.
In an interview with LadBible, the new Wonka actor was asked by Keegan-Michael Key about which accents he is attracted to.
People assumed it would be French or something else exotic, but he quickly answered: ‘I like Hull.’
Keegan-Michael, 52, answered, visibly surprised: ‘You like Hull?’
Timothee Chalamet (pictured) was asked about which British accents he finds sexy. He immediately answered ‘Hull’
Lucy Beaumont, who is from Hull originally and wrote the sitcom ‘Hullraisers’, said she was baffled as to why he would find it attractive
Facts about Kingston Upon Hull: Aka Hull
- The city is home to ‘England’s smallest window’ at the George Hotel. The window is 10″ x 1″ and is said to have been used by the gatekeeper of the Hotel
- Beverley Gate: The remains of the Beverley Gate are where in 1642 Sir John Hotham refused Charles 1 entry in an act of defiance that is widely considered the spark that ignited the English Civil War
- White Telephone Boxes: Hull is the only place in the country not to have BT provide its telephone services. The Hull Telephone Department was launched in 1904, later becoming Kingston Communications.
- Founding member of the FA 1862 Ebenezer Cobb Morley was born and lived in the city. He drafted the original rules of the game.
- The city is home to the Humber Bridge, the world’s longest leisure bridge
The Dune actor replied: ‘Yeah, why’s everyone cracking up? Hull is sexy.’
But he also revealed he loves the Essex accent and a ‘middle-aged northern accent’.
Lucy Beaumont, who is from Hull originally and wrote the sitcom ‘Hullraisers’, said she was baffled as to why he would find it attractive.
Speaking to BBC Radio 5Live, Beaumont said: ‘I think he’s on drugs.
‘I’ve had this accent for 40 years and no one has ever told me it’s sexy.
‘He looks like a very lovely young man and he should stay away from the region or he’ll be savaged by middle-aged Hull women.’
People reacted with shock online too, one person said on X/Twitter: ‘Okay so I’m honestly obsessed with award-winning superstar actor Timothée Chalamet randomly saying HULL has the UK’s sexiest accent. He speaks nothing but facts.’
Another said: ‘Timothee Chalamet declaring his love of the Hull accent feels like a fever dream.’
Meanwhile, another added: ‘Timothée Chalamet here saying the Hull accent is the ‘sexiest accent’, 100% agree, about time my rough northern accent was recognised.’
And another said: ‘Timothee Chalamet doing more to put Hull on the map with one sentence than anything in 2017 ever did.’
After the Wonka star’s comments, the BBC asked people on the streets of Hull whether they agreed that the accent is sexy.
One person said: ‘Not really.’
Another said: ‘Nobody pronounces vowels correctly. Maybe we’re re-inventing the English language.’
The Wonka star was warned he would be ‘savaged’ by middle-aged women if he ever visited the city
While another said: ‘Yeah, it is the sexiest accent.’
In the same clip, the Call Me By Your Name sensation branded Tom Holland the ‘ultimate rizz master’.
Timothee – who starred alongside Tom’s actress girlfriend Zendaya in Dune – also declared the star to be ‘better looking than him’ during the candid chat.
Timothee and Keegan-Michael were asked if the Oscar nominee was better looking than Tom to which Timothee responded: ‘Oh, man. Y’all going for the South!”
‘I’m going to strongly disagree on that, Tom is the ultimate rizz master. Internet knows this, Zendaya knows this, everyone knows this. Ultimate rizz master.’
Source: Read Full Article