Urgent warning after sleeping teenager electrocuted to death by her phone charger in her bed | The Sun

AN urgent warning has been issued after a teenager was electrocuted by her phone charger that she fell asleep on.

Khorn Srey Pov, 17, was found dead on top of the phone after taking a shower at her home in Cambodia.

The Chinese translator at the Sing Yon Kong Yik gold mining company in Kratie province turned its torch light on.

Local officials declared she had died instantly in her sleep from a massive electric shock on 27th July.

Her death has provoked a social media debate on the safety of phone chargers.

"They should be having public awareness campaigns on how to handle electricity,” said one.


Check your WhatsApp NOW – your messages could be at risk

The steps to adding the Giordano filter to your next TikTok video revealed

“I see people touching live wires on those transformer posts all the time, and unfortunate incidents like these happen often."

Another said: "She had just showered, so perhaps she was still wet when she laid down atop that multi-socket thingamajig.

“Even if dry, though, not a good idea to have one of those in bed with you. Tragic."

In 2013, Apple investigated the death of a woman in China who was reportedly electrocuted after answering a call on her iPhone while it was charging.

Most read in News


Girl, 9, knifed to death in front of sister while playing in the street


UN issues injunction to stop Archie Battersbee's life support being turned off


I had to take Boris' temperature during Covid… his reaction was unbelievable


Arthur's dad has sentence INCREASED for killing son in campaign of abuse

And in February, 18-year-old Angel Andrada was electrocuted and died after leaving the family dinner table to charge his phone in Argentina.

In Brazil, a two-year-old toddler Sara Alves de Albuquerque died after getting an electric shock from a mobile phone charger last year.

Read More on The Sun

Sea World orca ‘bit off man’s penis & held him underwater until he died’

I’m a fashion expert — how I make every dress fit me flawlessly with 2 products

Experts explain that the chances of someone being electrocuted by a charger is low.

But the risks grow if an incompatible or substandard charger is used, as they do not insulate correctly, resulting in fire, overheating or electric shock.

    Source: Read Full Article