Boy, 18, stabbed to death hours into New Year and man, 49, wounded as suspect, 21, arrested for murder in Milton Keynes

A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an 18-year-old boy was stabbed to death this morning.

The victim was found with severe wounds at a house in Walshs Manor in Milton Keynes at around 2.45am.

He was taken to Milton Keynes University Hospital where he died from his injuries.

His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by family liaison officers.

A second man, 49, is also in hospital with serious injuries but remains in a stable condition.

The man who has been arrested, who was from Milton Keynes, is currently in police custody.

Senior Investigating Officer Detective Chief Inspector Andy Howard of Thames Valley Police’s Major Crime Unit, said: “First and foremost, our thoughts are with the family of the man who has sadly died following this incident.

“Our officers were called to reports of an altercation at a property in Walshs Manor just before 3am, and upon arrival, found that an 18-year-old man had suffered life-threatening injuries as a result of the incident.

“Tragically, he has passed away, despite the best efforts of medical professionals at the scene and at Milton Keynes University Hospital.

“We have made an arrest, and I would like to re-assure the local community that although this will understandably cause significant concern, that this is not believed at this early stage of our investigation to be a random attack and that the victim and offender were known to one another.

“We have a scene-watch in place in Walshs Manor which is well-contained, and you will see an increased police presence in the area while our officers continue this investigation.

“This incident occurred inside a property, but I would appeal to anybody who was in the local area and believe that they saw or heard anything that could assist this investigation to please get in touch with police.

“You can do so by calling 101, quoting reference number 43210000167 or by making a report online.

“You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111, or if you see any of our officers in the vicinity, please don’t hesitate to speak with them.

“I would at this stage like to assure the public that we are conducting a thorough investigation, and have a suspect in custody, and we do not believe there to be any wider threat to the local community.”

This comes as a dad was found dead at a flat on New Year's Day and two women were arrested on suspicion of his murder.

Paul Fletcher, known as "Dod" to his friends, was found "unresponsive" just before 1am after cops were called to a home in Rayleigh, Essex.

Paramedics desperately tried to save him but he tragically died at the scene in Worcester Drive.

Three people – women aged 23 and 25 along with a 39-year-old man – have been arrested on suspicion of murder.


Source: Read Full Article